Monday 11 March 2013

'Libraries (and librarians) will survive'

Our challenge this week was to add a link to our blogs.  I took up the challenge and started surfing in earnest - for something quirky, but relevant to libraries.  So I came across this video put together by the staff of some regional libraries in Virginia (USA).  It deals with a worldwide phenomenon - dwindling budgets.  Sound familiar?
Staff at the Central Rappahannock Regional Library rewrote the lyrics to a popular 1978 disco hit 'I will survive' originally sang by Gloria Gaynor.  The rewritten one describes a typical day in the life of library staff - we can all relate!! Enjoy!

 
 

It's all in a day's work!

3 comments:

  1. Loved your links. As my daughter would say: 'Dude that was the BOMB!'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you ever done something - felt good at the time for doing it but doubted yourself afterwards? Well, I felt like that after posting that link. I only read the 'blog' criteria afterwards (I hope Sandy doesn't read this)and realised that I've gone astray somewhat-oops!!
      Now that I found out someone actually enjoyed it - my confidence was given a boost -thank you, Bernie!!

      Delete
  2. Evidence here as well that librarians can be full of good humor! Thanks Suraya, this now was a breather in an otherwise task-filled day! I won't worry too much either - you used web 2.0 technology here all the way ;)

    ReplyDelete