Wednesday 6 March 2013

'Sandy says'

So 'Sandy says' that we should download the app for QR codes onto our smartphones as it was quite useful.  I thought that sounded quite doable.  I'll let you know that I'm no stranger to the 'Idiot's guides..' in our library's collection - so to download the app for the QR codes I consulted the online version in the form of 'Google'.  After deciphering some step-by-step instructions, I eventually managed to download the app onto 'that computer in one's pocket' - as 'Sandy says'. 

Since starting my studies in 2012 my colleagues have always been intrigued (and involved) with whatever I was doing at the library school - bearing in mind that they studied librarianship some 20 odd years ago.  It was no exception when I told them about the QR codes.  Soon we were scanning every QR code we could lay our hands on - as 'Sandy says' - from magazines to newspapers.  We were gleaming with excitement as we witnessed QR codes being translated into webpages - very much like kids in a candy store. So my QR code app proved to be quite a hit - thank you, Sandy!!

... and so I continue my  arduous yet fascinating journey in cyberspace.  I am yet to join the 'birds' (Bernie's words) in Twitter ... baby steps for me, thank you!

One step at a time 

1 comment: