Wednesday 8 May 2013

Reflecting on LBS 708

As the curtains come down on LBS 708 for 2013, I'd like to to reflect on what the course has meant to me.
To say that I've learnt a lot during this course would be an understatement - and here I'm not just referring to the theoretical knowledge that's been imparted or the practical applications of the ICT module. It's been a journey of self-development / discovery for me - I've put myself in cyberspace (coerced more likely) - no mean feat for someone who is extremely private (hard to believe I know). Tiptoeing at first on the day I've posted my first blog, but now firmly entrenched -  I've discovered that it's not such a bad place after all.
As a librarian I've realised the importance of having a web presence in this age of information overload (also known as infobesity).  It is an ideal platform for learning, the sharing of information and to stay abreast of library advances across the world (as well as having our voices heard).  Whether or not I'll remain in the realm of the blogosphere remains to be seen - it's under consideration. I'll definitely be continuing my stay with the birds, tweeting happily (ever) after. I love it!  To my fellow tweeters, please keep tweeting - I am following you. To the non-tweeters - do join us!!   
Currently, the struggle with my wiki is ongoing - probably until the last minute. 
Sandy, thank you for introducing me to so many new terms and experiences.  Thank you for always responding to my questions (and e-mails) so quickly and wherever you were.  To quote Bernie, 'isn't technology wonderful?...' - this while she's in a pharmacy responding (via e-mail) to a mail I've sent.

Au revoir (courtesy of Francoise who's been teaching me some French words - merci!)

1 comment:

  1. Yes, it was an eye opening experience into the cyber world. The lessons learned will definitely be taken forward. The foundation has been laid and it is for us to build on it now. The tiptoeing has moved into stomping in this virtual world.At some stage I will still make your acquaintance in the twittersphere.

    ReplyDelete