Monday 6 May 2013

Wiki...litis?

Tonsillitis, laryngitis, ..... I think I'm coming down with wikilitis ... if I don't do something about my wiki woes urgently.  It is definitely the most frustratingly challenging assignment to date in this module.  As if I had not been stretched already with blogging (chore) and tweeting (which I'm now enjoying by the way).
My wiki woes are as follows - I type on my newly created page and preview - all looks well.  But when I save, the font sizes are different for my headings and I found that my text 'moved' around (I know that sounds silly). I have been struggling with this for hours on end.  My next step was googling  'wiki -help' for dummies for even the help icon on the wiki is really no help at all.  To decipher what I've come across one needs to be an IT expert, not a struggling student trying to create an uncomplicated wiki - CSS codes and the works are mentioned.  Does anyone else have the same problems (with solutions, please)? Well, Sandy did mention that she'll be dragging us into the 21st century (kicking and screaming) - I am at that point now - doing what the librarian-in-black does best (in my mind!).

Aluta continua!! 

1 comment:

  1. It is a shame that you are not enjoying the wiki assignment. I think I am a wikipeadian by heart and if I ever catch wikilitis I will never take any medication. I love wiki's.

    What we (that is Gilbert, Desiree and me) decided on our wiki is to first type it out in a word document and then we just copy and past it onto our blog. I have not found that my text "runs around" and my pictures stay where they are. Maybe the website just likes me too?

    If I can suggest I think you should ask Sandy. I think she is part of the IT experts because each time I told her about a problem she had a solution.

    ReplyDelete